tisdag 26 januari 2010

Customer meeting

Got my baptism of fire today. A big part of making business revolves around meetings, ofcourse, and so it was my turn get a feel of Japanese business culture today. It was the first time I went to a meeting, for a pretty common design and prototype discussion, and having 8 people scrutinizing and overseeing the meeting. Karazy, fun though. Did the whole thing, exchanging business cards and so on.

Hierarchy is something that is ever present in business life and one of the first things you really notice, as a swede atleast. Second thing is that people are so polite, that I feel bad when beeing such a dick, only because I can't say the appropriate phrase. On the other hand, the language isn't that similar to swedish, but I think they keep that in mind and later when they go home and tell their friends of a totally lost Swede. A combination of the two above topics; politeness and Hierarchy puts me in another strange place:
I am equally nice and polite/rude to everybody and I am a temporary joker in the hierarchy, that I am not sure how works.

Might come back to this subject, I'm sure I will.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar